Book bloggers are wonderful at ferreting out books that haven’t made it onto the best seller lists and writing about them with enthusiasm.
Today for Book Blogger Appreciation Week, we are joining other bloggers to recognize books that we’ve found on book blogs. These are books that we might not have considered, or might not even have known about, had other bloggers not recommended them. So now we are sharing some of those books, and the reviews that made them irresistible, with you.
- Daphne by Justine Picardie: recommended at Random Jottings, Oxford Reader, and Harriet Devine’s Blog
- Fables by Bill Willingham: recommended at Things Mean a Lot
- Identical Strangers: A Memoir of Twins Separated and Reunited by Elyse Schein and Paula Bernstein: recommended at Stuck in a Book
- The Sister by Poppy Adams: recommended at Lizzy’s Literary Life
- Swallowing the Sun by David Park: recommended at Asylum
- Queen Lucia (and the other Mapp and Lucia books) by E.F. Benson: recommended at Stuck in a Book and Random Jottings
- Surrender by Sonya Hartnett: recommended at A Devoted Reader
- The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley: recommended at The Indextrious Reader and We Be Reading.
We encourage you to check out these books and the blogs that brought them to us!