Challenge completed: July 7, 2009!
I try to limit the challenges I participate in to those that will actually help me get through my massive TBR pile, but this one is too good to resist: It’s the 2009 Pub Challenge, hosted by 3m at 1morechapter.com!
The challenge is to read 9 books first published in 2009 in your own country. (Since I live in the U.S., I could read a book already published in the U.K. as long as it wasn’t published in the U.S. until 2009.) No children’s/YA titles allowed (it’s a “pub,” after all), and at least 5 titles must be fiction.
Although I read a lot of older books, I do like to keep up with new stuff too, so this challenge will let me browse the new books section of the library without guilt!
Here are the books I’ve read so far:
- Dating Jesus by Susan Campbell
- Annie’s Ghosts by Steve Luxenberg (completed May 24, 2009)
- The Strain by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan (completed May 31, 2009)
- The Unit by Ninni Holmqvist (completed June 7, 2009)
- The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe (completed June 11, 2009)
- The Angel’s Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon (completed June 21, 2009)
- In the Kitchen by Monica Ali (completed June 28, 2009)
- Gifts of War by Mackenzie Ford (completed July 2, 2009)
- The Crying Tree by Naseem Rakha (completed July 7, 2009)
These are some books I intend to read:
- The Language of Bees by Laurie R. King (Yes! A new Mary Russell! Coming in April.)
- The Birthday Present by Barbara Vine, aka Ruth Rendell (Coming in March.)
What books are you most looking forward to in 2009?